Submitted Posters for the Contest will be displayed in the Fall of 2018 in the Redwood Markosian Library in conjunction with the National Travelling Exhibition “Native Voices: Native Peoples’ Concepts of Health and Illness” (https://www.nlm.nih.gov/nativevoices/)
- 1st place = $50 Amazon Gift Card
- 2nd place = $25 Amazon Gift Card
- 3rd place = $25 Amazon Gift Card
- Posters should be Legal Size (8.5 x 14”)
- The term “Native” for the purposes of this poster includes American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Pacific Islanders.
- Poster content should fall within 1 of the following 2 broad themes:
- Native views and definitions of health and illness
- Native views of Land, Food, Community or Spirituality as it relates to Native Health
- Electronic submissions accepted:
- File Formats accepted: PDF or JPG
- 25MB Maximum Limit for File Size
- Submit electronic file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the text of the email, Include: Your Name, best email contact, and Title of your Poster (if you have one)
- April 17th: Electronic Submissions DUE by 11:59PM!!!
- April 23rd: Winners will be announced and contacted!
- There will be a diverse Judging Panel from across the College
- Posters will be judged on: clarity of design, relevancy to the theme(s), cultural awareness, and creativity.
Helpful / Informative Links:
- https://www.nlm.nih.gov/nativevoices/resources/lesson-plans-primary-sources.html (this links out to lots of different image resources for the different Native groups)
Native Voices Logos (high-res & Optional):
Remember: Get Creative!:
- You can use photographs, your own artwork, or other visual elements that support cultural awareness!
- Infographs could be really cool!
- Classical poster styles with an updated twist could be awesome!
- You can really be creative – and we’d love to see your creative side!